Startup funding news ?
- Travel startup Trappit raised €2 million from Swanlaab, Sabadell Venture Capital and other investors
Investor and accelerator news ?
- The Spanish Venture Capital scene, a niche powered by international investors, writes Kippel01
- Kippel01 interviewed Carlos Guerrero, lawyer and founding partner of Sitka Capital
- Lanzadera is looking for startups for its 5th accelerator batch
- El Referente interviewed agritech accelerator Orizont
Startup news ?
- Spanish startup Entrenarme has launched in the UK and is planning to expand to the US
- Spanish bank EVO has hired Javier Rodriguez Zapatero, former Google country manager in Spain, as an independent board member
Big tech news ?
- Less than 30% of telco’s employees are women
- El Confidencial says that Rakuten is preparing to get rid of the brand ‘Wuaki.tv’ and will be known as Rakuten.tv
- Samsung, CaixaBank, Visa and Arval will open an innovation hub for the fintech industry in Barcelona
- Car2go has now more than 150,000 users in Madrid
Tech and policy ??♀️
- Uber has hired the lawyer that forced the company to close its UberPop service in Spain in 2014 and who previously had strong ties to taxi clients
Interesting reads ?
- €6 million and 2,000 clients affected: Spanish website Planetatv is being investigated for fraud
- El Español reached an agreement with publications Omicrono and El Androide Libre to power its tech section